OutDisk FTP with Outlook add-in sends large file attachments through e-mail.
Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2013/2010/2007/2003
Requires Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and web hosting service with server side includes enabled. Add-in requires
Outlook 2013/2010/2007/2003 (32/64 bit), .NET Framework 3.
The FTP Utility Designed for Email Users
OutDisk is an FTP utility for email users. It integrates with the Windows Desktop, and includes an add-in for Microsoft Outlook users. System administrators can use OutDisk to create their own inhouse file service, saving money.
- Allows IT Managers to provide a simple, familiar, non-technical solution to their users who need to share large file attachments through email. No knowledge of FTP required by the user.
- Automatically upload files when a file size threshhold has been reached
- Supports SFTP upload for security
- Integrated with the Windows Desktop
- Includes an add-in for Microsoft Outlook
- Uses your FTP account, so no expensive monthly service fees!
- FTP account settings can be "locked" to keep users from altering the configuration.
- Customizable recipient "Landing Pages" notify the receiver if a file is being uploaded, and can force the download to save to disk (for exaple, PDF files will not display in IE).
- Using our PHP/ASP scripts, files can be deleted automatically after a specified number of days. Just run it as a scheduled task or a chron job.
- Multiple users can share a single FTP account without co-mingling files
- Each email has its own unique file subdirectory, increasing security.
- For organizations with compliance procedures, OutDisk provides control over the distribution of email attachments.
- Users save Time and Aggravation: no manual uploading, complex FTP commands, or cutting and pasting http links
- Attachments are not stored in Outlook .pst Sent Items folder and your Microsoft Exchange mailbox
- Optionally secure your attachments with Winzip compatible 128-bit strong AES encryption
- Optionally compress your attachment(s) into a single smaller zip file
- Create a self extracting zip file
- Sender can use their own web host and domain: no third party intermediary stores your files
- Gives you control over where and how long your files are stored
- Enterprise tool allows remote setup and deployment of FTP settings and custom landing pages.
The Outlook Integration
For Microsoft Outlook users, OutDisk simplifies the uploading of files. It automatically removes files from the email, uploads them to your server, and then inserts a dowload link into the email message. Download links may be inserted at either the top or bottom of the email mesages, or at a position in the message where the sender inserts a token.
To use Outlook add-in, attach files to your email as usual, and then click the "Use OutDisk" button, and send your email.
There are several options in OutDisk specifically for Outlook users, including a size threshhold that will automatically activate OutDisk when total attachments exceed a predermined size. You can also change the default text that is inserted around the URL link that OutDisk inserts into the message.
Works from the Windows Desktop
OutDisk can be used from the Windows Desktop. A File Drop icon is installed on the desktop, allowing the user to "drag and drop" files into OutDisk.
When the user selects "Start Upload" OutDisk for Windows sends the files to your web server. If the "Launch Email Client" box is selected, OutDisk will pass the download link to a new email message in your default email program. If this box is not checked, OutDisk will copy the link to memory so you can paste (ctrl-v, or right click-paste) the link directly into an email or IM message.
Users can also create WinZip-compatible zip archives, and optionally apply strong 256-bit AES encryption to the file.
To use OutDisk, you will need a web hosting service that provides HTTP access to the files, and supports PHP or ASP. Most standard web hosting accounts will work very well with OutDisk.
Recipient Landing Pages
OutDisk uploads each batch of files to a unique sub folder named with high entropy for security. You can customize the landing page that recipients see when they follow your link. OutDisk will also automatically upload an index.shtml page into the directory which you can customize with your own text and logo. This page can display your logo, and the files that are available for download. The user then clicks on the files and downloads them to their disk using their web browser and standard http or https.
See below for an example of the OutDisk download landing page, which can be customized with a little bit of web page experience.
OutDisk's landing pages can be branded with your logo by anyone who has a bit of knowledge editing html.
Uploaded files can be manually deleted or retrieved from the FTP disk using OutDisk's File Manager. For system administrators, a server script is available to automatically remove files after a specified period of time.
Volume and Site Licensing
To learn more about OutDisk, or for information on volume licensing, please contact our sales team at sales at encryptomatic.com, or call +1-651-815-4902 x1